I’m so excited this morning! I don’t know how I actually went to sleep last night when I was so keyed up. Yesterday my friend and fellow writer checked our email and since then we’ve been on a high. The reason; we got our ISBN to register our books! We submitted our titles and just have to wait a few more days until our books will be searchable to the public! Just under two years ago I was down and out spiritually and emotionally. My heart was broken for the 4th time. Two times by the same person. Yeah shame on me, I know. Anyhow, I didn’t know what to do with myself and I found myself giving up on men altogether, yeah a story for another time. Anyway, I stumbled upon a site for women, a support forum for one specific topic.( Again discussion for another day) Right away I felt compelled to keep returning to this site. I chatted and posted in forums and got to know some of the regulars. Before I knew it these people were a part of my life even if only online. Well it didn’t take me very long to meet and become friends in real life with these women. One woman in particular. We’ve come such a long way in just under two years. I joked about it last night. We have traveled multiple times, purchased a time share, visited each other’s respective cities and last but not least, wrote and now in the process of publishing novels. In our many talks we simply just decided to start a publishing company. As if it were just as simple as deciding what to have for dinner. It seems to be the way we operate and it works. Me: “I’m going to Miami, wanna come?” Friend: “Ok” and guess what, we went I’m just so happy that things have just started working out for the both of us. We both struggle financially, me with my two kids and she with her husband. It would satisfy me completely for us both to be able to live a worry free existence. We are good people with our hearts in the right place. It’s nice to be on the receiving end of good things…Finally.
February 3, 2010
By May Torres
This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010 at 5:53 pm and posted in Random. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Download the Author May Torres App
May Torres on Cry Me a River davidprosser on Cry Me a River May Torres on Cry Me a River Jen :) on Cry Me a River May Torres on I Want You To Know Vol. 3
- The latest Indie Chronicle ! paper.li/AuthorMayTorre… #amwriting #amreading 2 hours ago
- The latest Indie Chronicle ! paper.li/AuthorMayTorre… Thanks to @APhillips0926 @BonAppetitweet @walkerlongstory #amwriting #writing 1 day ago
- Followers - 20, Unfollowers - 22. I didn't know it'd be this simple. Get your weekly stats via crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw. 1 day ago
- The latest Indie Chronicle ! paper.li/AuthorMayTorre… Thanks to @JasonEHodges @OKCWritersInc @BrickleyJules #amwriting #amreading 2 days ago
- The latest Indie Chronicle ! paper.li/AuthorMayTorre… Thanks to @neetsmarketing @kalireynarose @derekbeaugarde #amwriting #writingtips 3 days ago
Look for May Torres on Authors Den