Today, I’m off to a girls-only weekend! I’m taking off from work a little early, so I can meet my friends for some much-needed female bonding. In a society that loves to pit women against each other, it’s so important for us to get together, to celebrate each other. A gathering with those that understand your journey through life, does so much to feed the soul. Spending time with like-minded women, makes me feel rejuvenated. The pressure to be all things, to everyone in my life, eases, allowing me to just be a woman. For a couple of days, I’ll get to focus on myself and, having a great time. I love being a mother, my kids are the best thing to ever happen to me. But there are those times when, I need to remember myself, and that I do, have my own life to live. As I set off for the weekend with my girlfriends, I’m reminding myself that, it is okay to take time for myself. As a woman, and a mother, it makes it difficult to accept that, I’m not being selfish. Being a happy woman, makes for a better mother, along with any other roles I play in my life.
March 19, 2010
By May Torres
This entry was posted on Friday, March 19th, 2010 at 8:32 am and tagged with female bonding, friendship, girlfriends, girls night out and posted in Random. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Download the Author May Torres App
May Torres on Cry Me a River davidprosser on Cry Me a River May Torres on Cry Me a River Jen :) on Cry Me a River May Torres on I Want You To Know Vol. 3
- The latest Indie Chronicle ! paper.li/AuthorMayTorre… Thanks to @RealWTWrites @WilliamsAbbie77 @JBarberAuthor #amwriting #writing 1 hour ago
- The latest Indie Chronicle ! paper.li/AuthorMayTorre… Thanks to @ErikCMartin @VicenteLRuiz @KimmieLovesLife #amwriting #writing 1 day ago
- Stats for the week have arrived. 2 new followers and 4 unfollowers via crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw. 1 day ago
- The latest Indie Chronicle ! paper.li/AuthorMayTorre… Thanks to @Up_the_Empire @alleypat @AuthorJeyneS #amwriting #amreading 2 days ago
- The latest Indie Chronicle ! paper.li/AuthorMayTorre… Thanks to @Writeitpromote @NormanTurrell @ReallyMadiLeigh #amwriting #iartg 3 days ago
Look for May Torres on Authors Den