With my 38th birthday coming up in May, I find myself looking forward to 40. I hear great things about the 40’s. The thing that most intrigues me, is the prospect of coming into my own. The freedom to be who I am and, not apologize for it. I feel like it’s slowly beginning already. There are things that happen to me now, that I feel are not the end of the world. Back in my 20’s and early 30’s these same things would bother me. For example,in the past, family members and friends alike, had decided for some unspoken reason to cease communication with me. Never giving an explanation. Years ago that would have bothered me. The family members that did this, then realized how wrong they were, and made amends. Of course, I welcomed them back and didn’t hold a grudge. That was the old me. These same family members decided to do this same thing that I speak of, once again. This time around, I said “To hell with this!” I don’t care why, one day they speak to me then the next day they don’t. Screw em’. I’m not wasting anytime on people who do this. This goes double for people not related to me. If it makes them happier not to deal with me, then I’m glad they’re gone. More power to them, I guess they showed me! :D…. It’s such a refreshing change, to have matured to a point where, I don’t even give it much thought. The older I get, the less patience I have for petty nonsense. I speak of it now, to acknowledge the growth that has taken place. Slowly, but surely, those that are not conducive to my personal growth, are being weeded out. These were the same people, I thought would be in my life for the long haul. The fact that I am now estranged with this people, is a testament to my growth. In me carrying on with my life, without falling to pieces, I congratulate myself.
March 30, 2010
Closer to 40
By May Torres
This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 30th, 2010 at 8:23 am and tagged with 40's, aging, fabulous fourties, growth, maturing and posted in Health and Wellness, Random. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Download the Author May Torres App
May Torres on Cry Me a River davidprosser on Cry Me a River May Torres on Cry Me a River Jen :) on Cry Me a River May Torres on I Want You To Know Vol. 3
- The latest Indie Chronicle ! paper.li/AuthorMayTorre… Thanks to @wdsbyjustin @KathyHolzapfel @Yshop01 #amwriting #amreading 3 hours ago
- The latest Indie Chronicle ! paper.li/AuthorMayTorre… Thanks to @MicahCharlson @ahsatan32 @KatieCWrites #amwriting #amreading 1 day ago
- Wish I was back in #miami soaking up the sun. #2012memories #throwbackthursday #beach #sun #sand… instagram.com/p/Bgov-y6gHVv/ 1 day ago
- The latest Indie Chronicle ! paper.li/AuthorMayTorre… Thanks to @AllenVCheesman @MichaelJFarrand @LeeTobinMcClain #amwriting #amreading 2 days ago
- 17 new followers in the last week and it is more than just stats, I use it for growing my account! Try it crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 2 days ago
Look for May Torres on Authors Den